- How to setup the project?
- How to transfer the shader?
- How to select a palette for each object?
This is a small tutorial in which we learn how to transfer an existing shader from the Shadertoy library to PlayCanvas. Mastering this process opens up many possibilities for using open source shaders and effects in your projects.
- How do shaders work in PlayCanvas?
- Why use a shader to mask a texture?
- How to use a mask in a shader?
- How to animate a texture?
- How to change the shader parameters in real time?
In this tutorial we will learn how to use shaders to mask and animate textures in real time. Shaders are a powerful feature that allow low level access of the rendering pipeline. Knowledge of writing shaders to program the output of the GPU allows the developer to easily extend a graphics engine.